Saturday, February 16, 2008

Take Two

So, I've been reading Amy's blogs and I wish I sat down and took the time to write mine out. I never have anything very exciting to talk about, and I'm usually busy working, hence the name of this blog. I hold two jobs at the moment and working on getting a third. I work at my local grocery store, Publix. It has been on Fortune Magazine's Top 100 Best Places to work for 11 years in a row. However, I don't think they were talking about the store I'm working at. They only gave me 13 and a half hours this week. I have bills, I'm working to pay off my car before August and I still owe $2,000 on it. My second job is writing the Obituaries for our local newspaper, The Ledger. It's owned by the New York Times and I've met a lot of people that could help me further my career in journalism. My third job I am trying to get, which of course I will have to quit somewhere else, is at the Lakeland Regional Medical Center, one of the best hospitals in the United States. My best friend Deveraux works there as a food service host. She takes the patients orders, goes and gets the food, and brings it to them for $10.64 and hour! She also gets 30 hours a week and one whole weekend off a month. Sounds good to me!

I've been accepted to attend Florida Atlantic University in the fall of 2008 to study journalism. I plan to move into a dorm and continue working my butt off to pay for my college education. I have learned that when I have kids I will be starting a savings account for them and their senior year in high school. With graduation, a class ring, applications, prom, and any other expenses that come their way they should be prepared. I am also going to work hard to save up enough for a good down payment on a nice used car for when they turn 16. It's hard having the bills and not the hours to pay for the things you need. I will of course make them get a job and pay for everythig they owe like insuance, gas, and a car payment if needed. I'm just thinking into the future.

This is my blog and my life at the moment.
GO OWLS!

No comments: